Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Nephew Grant's Quilt

 My nephew will be arriving here shortly and my sister's baby shower is on Saturday so you know I had to make a quilt for him. I really made him 2 but this one's my favorite. I had another pattern picked out but when I went to look for fabric I couldn't find what I wanted.
 It came together pretty easy, the binding gave me issues, its only my 2nd quilt machine binding it, the corners were the hardest. I need to practice more, I'm sure I'll get better with time.
I backed the quilt with Irish clovers. My sister said that she is going to play the lotto the day he is born because he has everything one in a million so I figured I would send him (and her) a little more luck in their life. I hope that she enjoys it. I'm putting a delay on this post so she can be surprised by the quilt when she gets it.

4 comments:

Bonny said...

Pretty, Pretty!
I hope you get your dream one day to open a shop!
I have always thought it would be a dream come true too!

www.noloosethreads.blogspot.com

Anna said...

So cute! I love all these triangle quilts I have seen popping up everywhere. Maybe I'll just have to make one for myself! :)

Angie in SoCal said...

What a darling quilt!

Judy said...

Love the quilt! Baby quilts are such fun to make. Have you started planning his next quilt yet?