Friday, July 18, 2014

London Bus Rag Quilt


Tim and I spent about six and half years living in England and we loved it more than anything. We love all things British. London is awesome and we always had such a great time when we were there. When I saw this fabric back in 2012 I knew I had to buy it and make a quilt for us. So around Thanksgiving it went on sale for Black Friday and I bought 5 yards. It was an awesome deal and I was so excited to get it. Fast forward 2 years and the fabric is still sitting on the shelf collecting dust (literally). So I was done, I took the plunge and cut it all up, the whole 5 yards.

Originally I was going to do both flannel on the front and the back and put batting in the middle. I actually started to cut the batting out to be smaller than the flannel squares, but then it got to be to much and I really just wanted it done so I went back to what I normally do with my rag quilts, use fleece for the backing. Fleece is super soft and really really warm. 

This is probably one of my favorite blankets. It's super warm and I can't wait to curl up under this blanket this winter. The front is all flannel all bought at Joann's. The back is red and blue fleece and I love that as well. 
I love everything about this quilt. It is probably my favorite quilt. I have a little bit left that I think will be just enough to make a small baby quilt. The question is do I give that away or keep it for my possible future child. 
On to the next project which may require some painting. Super excited!!

1 comment:

Angela Atkins said...

Looks like a soft cuddly quilt! You did a much more precise job on your little snips on the squares than I did on my one rag quilt. Didn't like doing that so much. Great to see some more Oklahoma quilters linked up (I'm in Norman).