Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dear Max

Dear Max, or Bumble Bee, or Horse, or Dog,
You are very into imaginative play and I love it. For several months you were Bumble Bee but recently you have switched over to be "Horse" or "Dog". When you are 'Horse' you like to carry a rider on your head and you gallop around the house yelling "Yee Haw!" You like to run races with your riders and will often come up to Dad and myself asking us to pick a color and a number and that is how you determine your rider. Recently you have started the "Dog" phase of play. You will crawl around on all fours and bark and pant like a dog. It's funny and Dad and I are constantly laughing and amazed at your imagination. 
Mario Kart for the Wii is currently your favorite video game. You ask to play pretty much every day and you are getting really good at it. Dad and I have to laugh at your skill (or luck) when playing the game. The hardest race tracks are your favorite, Rainbow Road in particular. What makes Dad and I laugh even more is that no matter how many times you fall off the road or what place you come in after the race is over, you are still excited. When you win you get even more excited. 

Lately you have also really been into playing with you "iPad phone" or your iPod that we bought you for Christmas. You like to record your voice on the voice memo option on your iPod and watch and listen to the playback. Dad and I look at each other puzzled but it entertains you so we are happy. 
Getting you to eat anything new still challenging but I have started making pancakes and waffles on the weekend and as long as I put some chocolate chips in them you'll eat them. I'm calling it a win.

I know I say this ALL. THE. TIME. but I'm still having a hard time with how fast you are growing up. I can't believe you are 5. Keep surprising us. I love you Maximus! (Bumble Bee, Horse, Dog).

Love Always,
Mom

No comments: