Monday, September 22, 2014

Bucket List Item #115 - Donate to Locks of Love


 I am NOT a long hair type of girl. I never have been. Most of the time when my hair gets really really long like this its because I'm too poor to afford to get the cut and color that it really needs. This past time I decided it was time to doing something for someone else no matter how much it drove me nuts. So I grew it out for Locks of Love.
 I did this to honor my mom because my mom had breast cancer. I originally thought that Locks of Love did wigs for everyone with cancer but I found out it was just for children. It didn't matter, cancer sucks not matter what age.

The last time I had a hair cut was February 2013 so my hair was really long. Again, hated my hair that long, it just looks ratty and I was ready to cut it.
 Since moving to Oklahoma I have never found a hair dresser that I like and I think that was because I was going off of recommendations. I decided to find my own and I'm really glad that I did. Caron did a great job. I was literally on the border on how long my hair was but at this point I figured something has got to be better than nothing.

Caron sectioned my hair off into 3 sections and a cutting she went. I already felt lighter by have that cut off, it was awesome.
 Here is the picture after it was colored and cut. Loved the color and the cut. I'm very much a shoulder length kind of person. It's still long enough for a pony tail but not to long that I won't wear it down.


 I took these pictures at home and the reason for the squinty eyes is because the sun was in front of me making it hard for me to see anything.

I mailed my hair a few weeks later to Locks of Love. It was pretty easy. Pretty much put it all in a ziplock bag with the information sheet and mail. About a month or so later I got a certificate of appreciation from Locks of Love for my hair donation. 

Number #115 on the Bucket List - Donate of Locks of Love - CHECK!!!

1 comment:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

What an awesome good deed! I have never donated to Locks of Love but have always thought about it. . . I have so much respect for those who do! :) Good on you!!

I found your blog from your comment on my blog (Quilt Paradigm). Thank you so much for your very sweet comment! And yes, I am very proud :D Thanks for stopping by!