Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tinker Bell Rag Quilt


Front
I'm not sure what the deal was with Blogger but for whatever reason they wanted me to buy more space on the blog and well I didn't want to so thus the long time since I posted. With that being said, here is the newest small quickie rag quilt.

Close-up
I was out getting fabric for another project and I had Tim with me. He walked by the large scrap fabric and went kind of crazy. He picked about 10 different types of fleece. I was totally fine with this but I need flannel to go with it and it wasn't on sale, so the fleece went in the pile with works in progress (WIP). Handcock had an awesome sale this past weekend and I thought it would be a good time to pair up some fabrics and clean out the closet a little. But who are you kidding, I added about 3 more projects to the pile but whatever.

So I found Tinker Bell flannel fabric (that wasn't on sale but I had a coupon) that matched pretty good. Plus it gave me the chance to use up some fabric from a previous order. I'm pretty please with how it turned out. Got lots of other projects to do as well. Trying to use up what I have but well I know I'm going back to get another couple of yards for a baby quilt I have to make for a friend. Going to dig through the stash but don't think I have anything that will work.
Back
This quilt is also for sale for $25 (plus shipping). The front is Tinker Bell flannel fabric and green flannel. The back is green fleece and patterned fleece. It measures 24x32 and would make a great baby gift, car quilt, or stroller quilt. 



No comments: